Inclusion Solutions Series: Rethinking User Personas for Inclusion
It’s time to rethink user personas to be inclusive
Designers need a new framework for creating user personas — one which emphasizes behaviors over demographics to be more inclusive and guard against biases.
In this session, Cindy Brummer, CEO & Creative Director at Standard Beagle Studio, will review the common pitfalls of typical personas and why they fall short. Then, she will walk through a better framework for creating personas and how designers can use this in their everyday work.
Attendees will gain:
1) An understanding of why typical personas can be harmful
2) A framework for creating personas based on behavior and inclusive design
3) How to evaluate/test personas to ensure they provide value
- Virtual happy hour & networking 5:30 – 6pm
- Intro/Program 6pm – 6:45pm
- Q&A 6:45 – 7pm
When and Where
Date and Time
Tues, Feb 21, 2023, 5:30 PM CST
Online This is a virtual event